Look, Ma, I caught a big one!
More playing with the food storage. So, yes, tuna can contain mercury, MSG, and BPA. I'm not going to say don't eat it. Its got omega 3 fatty acids, protein, I don't even know the cost-benefit analysis of eating a can of tuna, but there are ways to reduce risks:
1. Look for tuna with just water, salt, no broth. Broths often contain MSG.
2. Buy fresh and avoid canned to hurdle BPA leached from can linings. I'd like to can my own meat if I can find the right size jars.
3. Mercury: sadly, 95% of all tuna on earth now contain mercury. What to Expect When you're Expecting (2008) states pregnant women should limit tuna and freshwater fish caught by recreational fishers to 6 ounces per week. For everyone, fish with lower mercury content are "salmon (wild caught is best), sole, flounder, haddock, tilapia, halibut, ocean perch, pollack, cod, and trout, as well as other smaller ocean fish (anchovies, sardines, and herring are not only safe, but also loaded with omega 3)." Alex Jones states he read that much of the mercury we eat passes through us with our food, but the dangerous mercury to avoid is in our vaccinations.
The Seattle Times quoted a producer on the BPA-ban in sippy cups and formulas in WA: "It's 'being put in the mind of consumers that it [canned food] is a dangerous product,' said Randy Ray, a lobbyist for the Pacific Seafood Processors Association. 'And try making a can of salmon to sell in 50 states and have 50 states tell you [you] have to do it differently.'"
I would say to him, we're all the same species and what is harmful to humans in Washington state is going to have the same affect on humans in Mississippi, so there are no 50 different standards; what endangers Washingtonians also endangers Mississippians, too.
Word on the street, a few ways to get mercury into your system:
1. "Breathing in while passing a coal plant," will give you "the same amount of mercury found in your local flu shot."
2. Select vaccinations.
3. Eating shark, swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish, or tuna steaks.
4. Mercury fillings.
Whoa, whoa, back up. This video reveals a way longer list than I knew:
Watch Video Clip "Mercury- How to get this lethal poison out of your system"
Do NOT vaccuum up mercury, as it will distribute it into the air.
Do not have your mercury fillings removed by just anyone. Once the drilling starts, it goes into the air and can poison those present. The dentist must know what they're doing and have a special vaccuum for the vapors.
Pregnant women should not be getting the normal flu shot, even though they'll offer it; get thimerosol free.
Chelation is a process of putting proteins in the body which gather the mercury in order to get it out of the system. Also special foods and supplements.
What are the affects of Mercury on the body? (Lots of neurological, depression, weight gain, etc.) How to clean up? What to eat, what to avoid? Watch the continuation of the above video.
Most flu shots contain mercury, but few know it
First person: The quest for a flu vaccine without mercury
Mom's Against Mercury
Thimerosol, organic mercury, swine flu, and you
Does the Swine Flu Vaccine contain Mercury?
Flu Vaccine: Contains Mercury, Take Caution if Younger or Lightweight
Your Child’s Flu Vaccine May Contain Mercury
The Mercury Story
Mercury Poisoning and Heavy Metal Toxicity
Learn more about Mercury and other heavy metal toxicities by clicking on my toxin label.