Saturday, July 3, 2010

Clean Up Your Diet

This book by Max Tomlinson is full of beautiful pictures of fruits and vegetables, discusses how to avoid contaminants in our bodies, and offers four detox diets, all in either a weekend, one-week, or four week plan. For each diet there's a menu plan and recipes, so its all ready to try. I'm pretty excited. Just need to replace the blender we broke this month.

It also offers ailment plans. I found mine: Hay Fever. I don't know how strictly I'll have to stick to this diet, it sounds pretty rough. It says 1. avoid typical allergens, such as wheat and dairy, 2. eat more organic fruits and veggies high in antioxidants, vitamins A, C, and E, and the mineral zinc, 3. avoid inflamatory foods such as red meat and eggs which contain arachidonic acid, and perhaps also tomatoes, egglplant, bell pepper, chili, white potato and tobacco (all also inflammatory), and 4. eat local honey so I get used to local pollen.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that about local honey and forget every year. This book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete